It’s SO good to get out into the field again! Here’s part of what the latest investigation uncovered. A classic fitted-sheath design, which we still see a lot of on the market, always flattering and always in style. So, what makes this one stand out amongst those that are on the racks today?
1. THE QUALITY:
- the FABRIC – 100% rayon in a really nice artistic print, substantial but with a soft hand and glossy finish.
- the CRAFTSMANSHIP – Careful finishing, with piping around the neckline and armholes. Facings and hem allowance with some depth.
2. THE DESIGN:
- AUTHENTICITY – Hawaiian style, made locally in Hawaii.
- CUT AND FIT – shaping darts front and back to fit the curves of the torso gently and move with the wearer.
- WALKING SLITS – on each side of the skirt enhance comfort and prevent tearing.
I don’t see garments this nice in the stores today. The material is to die for – both in how it looks and feels. The dress has a real authentic vibe. Garments this well-made also fit more nicely, last a long time and rarely need any kind of repair. The only possible downside is that dry-cleaning is the proper care but, since we can now do this safely and effectively at home in the dryer, extra expense is minimal.\ It’s another one that I’ll wear frequently and forever! More to come . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
MORGANA MARTIN, THE MAGICVINTAGESPY